Welcome to Step 1. Planning your narrative can take as little as 5 minutes if you simply copy the list of interview questions or script below. Modify as needed. We recommend using a script for most types of small business marketing videos after warming up the speaker with interview questions.
What to Do: Choose the questions that best suit your small business.
How it Works: The videographer asks the narrator the questions as if in an interview. The spoken questions, as well as "um"s and pauses are edited out later.
Small Business Video Survey Results: 49% of customers want owner narration in the video; 34% are indifferent; 17% do not want narration avergaged across all industries.
Small Business Video Length Limit Average: 89.9 seconds (1:30)
Entertainer for hire results coming soon.
- What are some of your past experiences and career highlights?
I've performed at over 100 weddings and other events from 2004 to 2011 including a performance at the Illinois state address dinner.
- What type of training or education have you had in music?
I have been classically trained and have a bachelor of arts in music from the University of Illinois.
- What services do you provide?
I provide piano and keyboard tracks remotely for music producers as well as live performances locally for events like weddings or event gathering rooms.
- What do you primarily perform?
I have a repertoire of over 100 pop songs from the 60's to present day.
- How does it work if someone wants to hire you?
I can often complete the recording for a track within a day if my schedule is open.
- What do you hope to provide your client?
I enjoy providing clients with the track as they specified as well as an alternative track with my own improvisations and often my suggestions are used.
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
What I love most about being a musician is the creative aspect. It's fun to try and figure out how to wow the audience.
- What kind of clients do you typically work for?
- What is your dream work situation as a performer/musician?
- What types of songs are in your set list?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve learned while providing your service that helps you better service your clients?
- What are some of the things you are working on?
- What is one of your proudest achievements of your business?
- Describe your journey toward becoming a musician/performer.
- Share some helpful advice.
Copyright 2018. Permission to repost with crediting link to Biveo.com.
For tighter control, and more thorough analysis of your business's strengths while still sounding conversational, use this modified script approach.
What to do: Use the following script as a starting point to develop a custom Insert your company's information and philosophy into the following script template. Keep what works, remove what doesn't. There is about 2 minutes of script below, most videos only need to be about 1:15.
How it works: The narrator recites the script one sentence at a time as if speaking to an interviewer, repeating each sentence until it sounds natural.
Small Business Video Survey Results: 49% of customers want owner narration in the video; 34% are indifferent; 17% do not want narration in the video. Small Business Video Length Limit Average:
89.9 seconds (1:30) [Optional Attention Grabber]
It is my goal to wow the audience. A great performance is all about how
you play it. [Past experience, highlights & education]
I've performed at over 100 weddings and other events from 2004 to 2011 including a performance at the Illinois state address dinner. I have been classically trained and have a bachelor of arts in music from the University of Illinois. [Services provided]
I provide [live piano background music for events as well as recorded studio tracks.] My repertoire includes [over 100 pop songs from the 60’s to present day.] [More details] Live performances are ideal for conventions, galas and wedding receptions. Recorded tracks are captured using state-of-the-art recording systems and are professionally mastered before delivery. [In closing]
Send me your event or project details and I hope I can perform for you.
Top 6 Script Content Tips
- Focus on the honest facts. Instead of saying "We are the best", try to give specifics such as, "We were recognized for providing great customer service by...", or "We performed serviced over 400 customers in 2015", or "Our staff is trained and certified by...".
- Good customer service is the most important thing to most customers. Demonstrate your level of customer service in your video. (Responsive, Accommodating, Knowledgeable, Flexible)
- Focus on the facts that show how you are different from other services. What is your niche?
- Demonstrate Candor. Do not try to portray your company any differently than how it truly is, and don't hide what your company truly offers. Use negatives to your advantage. For example, older equipment has the advantage of showing lower overhead and lower cost to the customer. What you think may be a negative can actually be a positive. Just be honest.
- Understand your niche and target your market accordingly. A portion of customers shop for the lowest price, a portion shop for the highest quality service. Charge fairly for the level of service you offer. Do not try to charge large corporation rates if you are a small local business. Do not drop your price to bargain hunters. Accept that you cannot win every customer that contacts you.
- If you are set on presenting your business by telling a story, be careful not to be self-congratulatory. Instead, focus on how your story benefits the customer.
Copyright 2018. Permission to repost with crediting link to Biveo.com