Welcome to Step 1. Planning your narrative can take as little as 5 minutes if you simply copy the list of interview questions or script below. Modify as needed. We recommend using a script for most types of small business marketing videos after warming up the speaker with interview questions.
What to Do: Choose the questions that best suit your small business.
How it Works: The videographer asks the narrator the questions as if in an interview. The spoken questions, as well as "um"s and pauses are edited out later.
Theaters, Amusement Parks, Shows, Tours, Haunted Houses, Museums
Entertainment Facility Survey Results: 45% of customers want owner narration in the video; 32% are indifferent; 22% do not want narration in the video.
Entertainment Facility Video Length Limit Average: 105 seconds (1:45)
- What inspired your business? How did it come about?
As a golf instructor, I was always creating new drills for my students and I eventually compiled them into Bill's Miniature Golf Course.
- In a nutshell, what does you facility/service provide?
Bill’s Miniature Golf features 18 unique challenges as designed by a golf instructor for more realistic play that develops your skill. Many holes take place over multiple levels.
- What are some of the other features of your facility?
There is also a game room in the lobby along with concession stand in case you work up an appetite. We have a score board with photos of some of the lowest scorecards ever played here.
- What are some of the things your activity teaches?
Golf teaches adults and children patience and control - not to mention a few lessons in physics!
- How is your facility unique?
Our facility is unique in that the holes are built to more closely emulate a real putting experience. It is built over concrete, not wooden boards.
- What is some of the feedback you are receiving from customers?
It’s not just kids that love it, adults that golf love how it helps them with their game and teaches them a few things along the way.
- What are of the options for signing up?
We do have a party option where your group can play all you want for three hours.
- What are your hours of operation?
We’re open evenings and weekends until 10pm.
- Conclude with a call to action.
Call us for group rates, or drop in and play a round!
- What makes your service so interesting?
- What types of groups is your venue built for?
- How many people can you accommodate?
- Describe the atmosphere.
- What are the dates your facility will be operating?
- What do you try to achieve for your customers?
- What do you love about your job?
Copyright 2018. Permission to post on your website or print with crediting link to Biveo.com
For tighter control, and more thorough analysis of your business's strengths while still sounding conversational, use this modified script approach.
What to do: Use the following script as a starting point to develop a custom Insert your company's information and philosophy into the following script template. Keep what works, remove what doesn't. There is about 2 minutes of script below, most videos only need to be about 1:15.
How it works: The narrator recites the script one sentence at a time as if speaking to an interviewer, repeating each sentence until it sounds natural.
Entertainment Facility Survey Results: 45% of customers want owner narration in the video; 32% are indifferent; 22% do not want narration in the video. Entertainment Facility Video Length Limit Average:
105 seconds (1:45) [In a Nutshell]
Located near the West Olive Golf Course, Bill’s Miniature Golf is the ideal playground for your kids while you golf. Bill’s features 18 holes of putt-putt golf designed by a golf instructor to help you get good at the game. There are also over 30 games in the arcade and concessions for in-between rounds. [Unique features]
Some of the favorite holes here include the water hazard in hole 8, ravine’s edge in hole 11, and the infamous corridor at hole 13. There are sloped greens and fringe to emulate real golf. [Buying options]
Purchase a wristband for unlimited play, or just one activity at a time. Having a birthday party? Sign up online and we’ll do the rest. [Call to Action]
We're open til 10pm. Stop in now and let the fun begin!
Top 6 Script Content Tips
- Focus on the honest facts. Instead of saying "We are the best", try to give specifics such as, "We were recognized for providing great customer service by...", or "We performed serviced over 400 customers in 2015", or "Our staff is trained and certified by...".
- Good customer service is the most important thing to most customers. Demonstrate your level of customer service in your video. (Responsive, Accommodating, Knowledgeable, Flexible)
- Focus on the facts that show how you are different from other services. What is your niche?
- Demonstrate Candor. Do not try to portray your company any differently than how it truly is, and don't hide what your company truly offers. Use negatives to your advantage. For example, older equipment has the advantage of showing lower overhead and lower cost to the customer. What you think may be a negative can actually be a positive. Just be honest.
- Understand your niche and target your market accordingly. A portion of customers shop for the lowest price, a portion shop for the highest quality service. Charge fairly for the level of service you offer. Do not try to charge large corporation rates if you are a small local business. Do not drop your price to bargain hunters. Accept that you cannot win every customer that contacts you.
- If you are set on presenting your business by telling a story, be careful not to be self-congratulatory. Instead, focus on how your story benefits the customer.
Copyright 2018. Permission to repost with crediting link to Biveo.com