Biveographer Terms of Service Agreement
1. Biveo allows you to publish a Portfolio Profile Page to leveraging your completed videos and reviews to market your business video production services. By submitting content to Biveo, you grant Biveo (and affiliates), a worldwide license to communicate, distribute, host, make modifications or derivative works (for the purpose of better showcasing your work), publicly display, publicly perform, publish, reproduce, store and use such content. This license grant is solely for operating, marketing, promoting and improving our services. By submitting your content, you also give other Biveo users the right to share your content via various social media platforms integrated with Biveo. You are responsible for determining the limitations that are placed on your content. You agree to use your real name and to only post your own work to your Biveo Profile Page. If Biveo decides in its sole determination that your conduct violates our Terms Of Service, which are incorporated here by reference, we may remove your content or disable your use of your Profile Page, with or without notice to you. We are not responsible for (a) the loss, corruption or damage to your content, (b) the deletion or accuracy of your content, (c) the security, privacy, or communications related to your project. We may create limits on the use of your Profile Page, including limitation on file size and storage space and may require you to delete your content until you are within certain storage limits. We may provide you with a custom URL for your Profile Page and reserve the right to reclaim custom URLs or remove them for any reason without notice. You agree to not include words of phrases in your custom URL that would violate our Terms of Service.You are allowing us to showcase your work and agree that we have the right to do so on your behalf.
2. You agree to follow, and will ensure that all of your Personnel (i.e., those who work for you either as employees or subcontractors) will follow a professional level of conduct. Poor performance is a reflection on Biveo. It will benefit you greatly to provide consistent, high levels of service as outlined below in the Customer Service Guidelines.
Customer Service Guidelines
Providing a great experience throughout the process of delivering a quality video is fundamentally how your service is defined, and a reputation is built. It is key to adhere to timely, accommodative service throughout the process to enable the customer to feel confident in you.
Always answer emails, phone calls, and return missed calls promptly.
Always show up on time to shoots
Always set up shoots and deliver the video as timely as practical
Make sure they have their copy of the interview questions before the shoot, and you bring your copy.
Always bring the proper equipment, backup bulbs, memory, earphones
Learn all of the best practices for video production, and apply to Biveo’s process
Turn your cell phone off when with the client
Always maintain a pleasant, and accommodative demeanor toward the customer
Always choose the shots that best display the business
Try to shoot all elements of the business on site
Take a genuine interest in their business
Be aware that most people are not comfortable in front of the camera
Try to coach the customer to be sound good for A roll footage
Only collect payment upon delivery and approval of the video
Do not give customers any reason to regret having hired you
3. Content Clearances. You are solely responsible for the acquisition and payment of any and all third-party clearances, permissions, fees, and licenses that are necessary in connection with your Portfolio Profile Page. You're responsible for the content you create - that includes any kind of permission, fees, licenses, etc needed.
4. Representations. You represent, warrant, and covenant for yourself and each of your Personnel that: (i) you and your Personnel are a validly existing business entity or individual, duly licensed and qualified to carry on your business/operations and perform your obligations and that you have procured insurance associated with performing the services, including, but not limited to, unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation insurance and contributions (ii) you and your Personnel have all rights, insurance, licenses, permits, qualifications and consents necessary to perform your and/or their respective obligations and own all intellectual property rights (or have obtained all necessary permissions) to the content you upload to your Profile Page, (iii) you and your Personnel will and have complied with all federal, state and local laws, (iv) you and your Personnel's performance under the Agreement does not and will not violate or cause a breach of the terms of any other agreement to which you or your Personnel are a party, (v) you and Personnel are not in default of any other agreement and there are no proceedings threatened or pending under order of any court, arbitrator, administrative agency or other authority, which would affect performance of the Agreement, (vi) you and your Personnel are not a party to any collective bargaining agreement that might be applicable to the Services provided hereunder, and that neither the Agreement nor the Services provided by you are subject to any collective bargaining, (vii) there is and have been no unfair labor practice complaint against you or your Personnel, (viii) the content you upload to create a Profile Page, the Deliverables, and Biveo and/or each respective Client's use of such Deliverables, do not and will not (a) violate, infringe or misappropriate the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party, rights of publicity, rights of personality, rights of privacy, rights to payment of royalties, or any other rights of third parties, (b) result in any tort, injury, damage or harm to any third party, or (c) contain material that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, or slanderous, (ix) the Deliverables and the media on which the Deliverables are performed and/or delivered will be free of viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, backdoors, Easter eggs, logic bombs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, and/or other computer programming routines that may potentially damage, interfere with, intercept, disable, deactivate, or expropriate any Biveo entity or Client property, (x) you and your Personnel will deliver each Deliverable in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with standards generally accepted in Independent Contractor's industry, (xi) Deliverables furnished hereunder are and will be: (a) new and free from defects in design, materials and workmanship; (b) of merchantable quality and fit for the purposes for which they are intended; and (c) free and clear of all liens, claims and encumbrances; (xii) you and your Personnel have all rights, licenses, permits, qualifications and consents necessary to grant Biveo or Client ownership and use of the Deliverables, and delivery to Biveo or Client of all rights and licenses in and to the Deliverables does not violate any laws, (xiii) Services will conform with the Agreement, and (xiv) you and your Personnel will take all necessary precautions to prevent injury to any person or damage to any property while performing each Project.
5. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Biveo from all claims, whether actual or alleged, that arise out of or in connection with your Profile Page and Listing, including: (i) personal injury, death, property damage, or theft, (ii) negligent, gross negligence or intentional conduct, and/or (iii) your breach of the Agreement (collectively, "Claims"). You are solely responsible for defending any Claim against Biveo, subject to such Biveo's right to participate with counsel of its own choosing at its own expense, and for payment of all judgments, settlements, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from all Claims against Biveo; provided however, that you will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation or liability on Biveo without Biveo's prior express written consent.
6. Term and Termination. Either one of us can terminate this agreement at any time via written notice to the other party.
7. Choice of Law. The terms of the Agreement and any dispute relating thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to conflict/choice of law principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to the Agreement. Biveo and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the County of Kent, Michigan.
9. Electronic Signatures Effective. By clicking on the "I Accept" or similar button, you create an electronic signature to the Agreement, establishing a valid, legal contract.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To quickly process your transactions.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
We do not use an SSL certificate
We only provide articles, information and directory listings. We do not collect or process credit cards on Biveo.com.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
Your quote request form will not auto-fill, and profile not auto-login.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
Remarketing with Google AdSense
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
By emailing us
By calling us
By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
We will notify the users via in-site notification
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2016-03-16